Samstag, 20. August 2016

Lieblingsgedichte

Eine Sammlung von Gedichte und Sätze, die mir besonders gut gefallen 


Antigonish (The Little Man Who Wasn't There)

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away.

 - hughes mearns (american poet and educator)



Tu dis que tu aimes les fleurs et tu leur coupes la queue,
tu dis que tu aimes les chiens et tu leur mets une laisse,
tu dis que tu aimes les oiseaux et tu les mets en cage,
tu dis que tu m'aimes alors moi j'ai peur. »

- Jean Cocteau


We walk on frosted ground praising chrysanthemums bordering fields;
sit on the edge of the woods waiting for the moon to rise.
Not having to be alone is happiness; we do not talk of failure or success.

- Chia Tao


Salomon saith, There is no new thing upon the earth.
So that as Plato had an imagination, that all knowledge was but remembrance; so Salomon giveth his sentence, that all novelty is but oblivion.

- Francis Bacon's Essays, LVIII
(aus "Das Aleph" von Borges)




‘Am I cured?’
‘No. You’re someone who is different, but who wants to be the same as everyone else. And that, in my view, is a serious illness.’
‘Is wanting to be different a serious illness?’
‘It is if you force yourself to be the same as everyone else: it causes neuroses, psychoses and paranoia.
It’s a distortion of nature, it goes against God’s laws, for in all the world’s woods and forests, He did not create a single leaf the same as another.
But you think it’s mad to be different and that’s why you chose to live in Villette, because everyone is different here, and so you appear to be the
same as everyone else. Do you understand?’

aus "Veronika Decides to Die" von Paulo Coelho



In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.

aus "die Pest" von Albert Camus



Little Giddings

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

- TS Eliot




Das Pferd

Dich werden meine zähen Träume reiten;
Mein Schicksal weist auf goldnem Wagen dir die Richtung
Und wird mit Zügeln, rasend angespannt, dich leiten
Zu meinen Versen, Mustern aller Dichtung.

- Apollinaire


Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstances
I have not winced or cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

- William Ernest Henley


I cannot, nor I will not hold me still; My tongue, though not my heart, shall have his will. - William Shakespeare,The Comedy of Errors (Adriana at IV, ii)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen